Consultancy, Design and Upgrade of Water Treatment Plants, Sewage Treatment Plants and Industrial Effluent Treatment Plants
Apart from turnkey projects, we carry our design, engineering and consultancy jobs for our clients. We have done several jobs of designing and consultancy. The jobs were for Sewage Treatment Plants, Industrial Effluent Treatment Plants and Water Treatment Plants. We have also done jobs for designing pumping stations.
Amongst important jobs done by us were designing complete Waste Water Treatment system for Hindustan Zinc Ltd. almost 15 years ago. We also designed a Sewage Treatment Plant of 25 MLD (Million Litres per Day) for M/s Driplex Engg. Ltd. we worked for Hindustan Zinc Ltd. twice at a gap of five years. Apart from that we have done consultancy and design jobs for M/s Birla Education Trust, Pilani Rajasthan. BRCM College of Engineering, Arvind Textiles Ltd. Dhanuka Pesticides, Hamdard, Parag Dairy apart from other clients.
We have competent team of Process and Mechanical Design Engineers, Draughts men, Projects Engineers to carry out on site studies and then analyse the data in our design centre and prepare detailed drawings and design specifications and tender documents etc. as per client requirement.
Our scope of activities could be any one or more or all of the following things
- Discussion with the client and identification of the customers’ requirement.
- Site visit, discussion with the site engineers.
- Measurement of the flow, route mapping, measurement of invert levels etc.
- Topographical study to identify the most suitable location of the treatment plant.
- Working by Akar design engineers based on the data collected to make a suitable design and fix location and layout of the treatment plant.
- To carry out a laboratory analysis of the waste water or raw water to identify the parameters..
- If treatability study is required to carry out the same.
- To analyze process options available and identify the most suitable technology for treatment process.
- To calculate the process design and fix tank sizing and prepare a list of equipment.
- Identify the makes, capacities and quantities of equipment and materials.
- Prepare a detailed process schematic diagram and process description.
- Calculate and estimate costing by assessing quantum of works and estimate the cost of equipment, site works etc.
- Prepare bid documents based on technical specifications and client requirement.
- Identify possible suppliers and release the bid documents in concultation woth the client.
- Evaluate bids received by first analysing technical documentation.
Most of thespecialized equipment supplied by us for water and waste water treatment plants are supplied by us in our manufacturing units in India. Some of them are listed below. Do kindly send us your inquiry if you need ay of these.
RANGE OF EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURED BY US:
Waste Water Treatment
· Akar Mobile / Containerized Wastewater Treatment Plants (For sewage and industrial waste water)
· Packaged Sewage Treatment Plant: ADBR (Akar Dynamic Bio-Reactor) system.
· Surface Aerators All Types (Floating Aerators/Fixed Aerators)
· Diffused Aeration Systems
· Dissolved Air Flotation Systems. (DAF)
· Screens of All Types (Manual and Automatic)
· Penstock / Sluice Gates
· Sludge Thickening Systems.
· Pressure Filters (Sand, Dual Media, Activated Carbon Etc.)
· Sludge dewatering equipment such as Filter Press, Centrifuge, Belt Press etc.
· Clarifier and Clari-floculator Scraper Mechanisms.(Central and Peripheral Drive)
· Oil and Grease Removal Systems (Oil Skimmers, Traps, Separators)
· Mixers and Agitators
· Sewage Pumps and Pumping stations
· R.O. Systems (for residential colonies and industrial set up)
· Mixers and Agitators.
· Clarifiers and Clari-flocculators.
· Softeners and D.M. Plants.
· Electro-Static Hard Water Scale Control Systems.
· Pressure Filters (Sand, Dual Media, Activated Carbon Etc.)
· Mobile Drinking Water Treatment Systems.
· Iron Removal Filters
· Factory assembled plant.
· No time needed for setting up the plant.
Fully enclosed for protection against rain, dust and storm
Option to have facility for operator’s air-conditioned cabin
Insulation for heating or air-conditioning if desired
Display window provided, if specified
Compact and maintenance friendly.
AKAR CONTAINERIZED WASTE WATER TREATMENT PLANTS
To facilitate easy transportability and easy installation of the plant, Akar has introduced containerized Waste Water Treatment Plants. This range covers both Sewage Treatment Plants as well as Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plants. These plants are self-contained, housed in commercial freight containers, containing systems capable of delivering treated water from any type of wastewater. By utilizing containerized construction and integrated treatment techniques, Akar Systems can provide a completely assembled, pre-tested system capable of supplying specified quality of treated water utilizing wastewater from a number of sources such as sewage, wastewaters containing B.O.D., C.O.D., oil, grease, or high suspended solids. Akar’s containerized wastewater treatment systems offer a number of advantages including ease of transportation, instant installation, flexibility, and cost effectiveness.
Akar has built its reputation around treatment of challenging wastewater such as from Textile Dyeing plants, from Automobile Paint Shop; Oil processing units etc. These can be trailer-mounted or built inside a general purpose, dry cargo shipping container of 20 or 40 feet size or multiple of either or both of them.
The capacity may vary from 25 kilolitres per day (KLD) to One Million Litres per day (MLD). Akar Containerized Plants from 100 KLD to 300 KLD come in multiples of 50 KLD. From 300 KLD to 500 KLD come in multiples of 100 KLD and form 500 KLD upwards, in multiples of 250 KLD. We supply Containerized Wastewater Treatment Plants above capacity of One MLD in multiple of 250 KLD. We have exported Containerized Wastewater Treatment Plants of 5 MLD recently.
ADVANTAGES OF AKAR CONTAINERIZED WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANTS
1. Quick startup: our Akar Containerized Wastewater Treatment Plants do not need much longer to start. If the connections are available, the plant can start in two days.
2. Requires almost no assembling at site: Akar Containerized plants almost do not need any assembling work at site. The plant comes pre-assembled and pre-tested.
3. Easily transportable: As the Akar Containerized plant is housed in a modified dry cargo-shipping container, it can easily be mounted on a truck for transportation to any location, which can be accessed by road. Modifications include waterproof flooring, overhead lighting and power outlets.
4. Roofed and protected against dust, winds and rain. Akar Containerized plant is self-contained and needs no roof or protection against dust, winds, rain etc. If locked; it is protected against theft and tempering from mischievous persons. .
|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Unit|
|Automatic Grade||Automatic, Semi-Automatic, Manual|
|Treatment Technique||Mixed Bed Bio Reactor|
|Plant Type||Wastewater Treatment Plant, Effluent Treatment Plant|
Akar industrial Waste Water Treatment Plants (ETP)
Any client who desires to receive a quote for a plant for an Akar Effluent Treatment plant must provide the following details.
Total Susp. Solids (TSS) ppm
Total dissolved solids (TDS) ppm
Oil & Grease content ppm
Heavy metals ppm
Iron as Fe ppm
Akar has designed, supplied, installed and commissioned many Industrial Waste Water Treatment Plants (Effluent Treatment Plants) for a variety of industries. Akar’s plants cater to the following industries:
Food Processing Industries
Large Kitchens (hotels and catering businesses)
Leather processing industries
Electrical and Electronic industries
Vegetable Oil Processing UnitsOil refineries
Automotive Industries and Automotive Service stations
Meat Processing Industries
Each industry has its own specific characteristics, challenges and requirements. We give below the diverse characteristics’, challenges and requirements of different industries based on our experience of working with such industries.
DAIRY, FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRIES AND LARGE KITCHENS
Akar has supplied their plants and equipment to many reputed dairies and milk processing units. Typical challenges faced by dairy units are treatment of fat wasted apart from high oil, BOD and colour. Usually primary, secondary and tertiary treatments are required to treat Waste Water from dairies.
Akar has supplied several Industrial Effluent Treatment Plants to a number of pharmaceutical companies in India and outside. Dabur India Ltd. is one of our main customers. We have supplied four Industrial Effluent Treatment Plants to them. apart from that M/s Jagsanpal Pharma (Indophyto Ltd.) and some others in north India re our clients.
Waste Water Treatment for pharmaceutical industries is very tricky subject. Primarily this is because, the formulations vary, because of which the quality of Waste Water varies substantially from time to time and therefore guaranteeing the results is not simple and many times not possible. Treatment and dosages may have to be varied depending upon parameters of the effluent.
Akar has supplied Waste Water Treatment Plant to one of the largest manufacturers of steel in India viz. M.s SAIL (Steel Authority of India). the plant has been in operation in SAIL for the past five yers successfully. Akar has also supplied Waste Water Treatment Plants to some other steel mills and units such as Modi Steel Mills Ltd., BMM Ispat Ltd. etc.
AKAR TEXTILE MILLS EFFLUENT TREATMENT (ATMET) PLANTS
Textile Dyeing Industry releases waste water (Effluent) with comparatively higher toxins in the form of chemicals. Due to the fact that dyes and other additives not only increase the pollution loads in the waste water, but also alter colour of the effluent; treatment of textile dyeing waste water is critical and complex.
Akar has supplied numerous Textile Waste Water Treatment Plants in India and in many parts of the world. Amongst our clients are reputed companies ain India and outside. We have supplied these plants to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Jordan, Egypt, African countries such Sudan, Tchad, Ethiopia and others.
Akar Waste Water Treatment Plants for Hotels, Resorts and Hospitals
Akar has supplied about a hundred plants for Hotels, Resorts and Hospitals.
Hotels / Resorts and Hospital Waste Water Treatment Plants Are Different
Although we have clubbed them under one product category, Waste Water Treatment Plants for hotels are different as compared with Waste Water Treatment Plants for hospitals. This is because characteristics of waste water generated from both the sources are slightly different.
Sewage Treatment Plants for Hotels / Resorts:
Waste Water from resorts and hotels would have more oil and grease content and would have moderate COD, where as BOD may be higher. An important challenge for designing Sewage Treatment Plant for a hotel (as per our experience) is space. Hotels are generally located in premium areas where space is at a premium and naturally the owners would like to use maximum space for customer facilities.
Akar has gained expertise in this area. With its experience of dealing with many reputed hospitality companies, Akar has designed Waste Water Treatment Plants, which could be configured to meet customer’s space constraints. Akar supplies Sewage Treatment Plants, which can be located on the terrace, can be located underground, and can be fixed in a smaller space that conventional Sewage Treatment Plant can not fit in.
For large hotels, specialized equipment such as automation and mechanical equipment such as automatic screen cleaning, oil skimming devices and sludge dewatering equipment are deployed to maintain cleanliness, use minimum man power and ease of operation.
Waste Water Treatment Plants for Hospitals:
In case of hospitals, due to Waste Water from laundry and laboratories COD may be higher. In case of Waste Water from hospitals may need primary treatment with perhaps an additional clarifier followed by secondary treatment with secondary clarifier. Primary treatment may need chemical and poly electrolyte dosing and sedimentation.
Since effluent from laboratories contains toxic chemicals, it is not favourable for bacteriological treatment. Therefore it is preferable to first isolate streams of Waste Water from laboratories and laundry from sewage generated by toilets, kitchen and washrooms. Treatment of Waste Water from laboratories and laundry would be done through physic-chemical process followed by bacteriological treatment.
Final treatment process would be decided by the quantity and concentration of pollutants in Waste Water.
Akar has supplied various sizes of Waste Water Treatment Plants for hospitals in India. the capacities of the Waste Water Treatment Plants range from 50 KLD (Kilo Litres per Day) up to 1 MLD (Million Litres per Day).